We strive every day to conserve water, from irrigation systems, to state of-the-art heating and cooling technology, to water fixtures in our luxurious suites.
With water-saving initiatives, we have reduced consumption annually by more than 130 million gallons without impacting guest experiences. That’s enough to supply about 900 average American households or the equivalent of 195 Olympic-size pools.
- To improve water efficiency in our landscaping efforts, we replaced natural grass areas with artificial turf.
- Plants and trees are irrigated with subsurface drip systems that distribute water directly to the root to avoid wasteful evaporation.
- Computerized central irrigation control systems are installed to ensure plant and tree health is maintained without excess irrigation.
- With our Eco-Linen program, our guests choose when to replenish their linens and towels. Our laundry service provider implemented new technologies to achieve a 72% water use reduction versus traditional laundry operation. They use detergents that carry the EPA’s DfE (Designed for the Environment) Certification and non-perchloroethylene dry cleaning solvents
- Our water reclamation system saves 20 million gallons of water each year. We are “off-the-water-grid” for horticultural needs at The Palazzo.