Our robust recycling and solid waste management program saves natural resources and landfill space, enhances clean air and water, and also creates jobs for our community.
- 55% of our solid waste stream is recycled. This includes glass, plastics, aluminum, cardboard, and paper. More than 75% of food waste, 12.5 tons a day, is reused as animal feed.
- During construction of The Palazzo, 70% of waste materials were recycled, diverting nearly 42,000 tons from landfills. That’s equivalent to a stack of cars approximately 23 miles high.
- Recycle ink cartridges and paper in our own offices and the resort’s business center.
- Waste vegetable oil and grease trap contents are converted to fuel, compost, and clean water.
- We recycle 15,000 light bulbs and 20,000 batteries each year.
- Our outdated computers and other electronic equipment are either donated to local charities or recycled properly.